UAS or UAV’s (Drones) have introduced a new dynamic for video producers. Making use of aerial video for corporate video production adds great value to your brand.
Using a professional, insured and CAA licensed aerial service is imperative as regulation in this industry is becoming more stringent.
Drones are causing increasing concern among other air-space users and civilians, and with good reason. This blog will outline some of the regulations and dangers involved in operating a UAS or drone for your corporate video production.
Here are some very basic safety rules that commercial operators MUST abide by:
- Provide CAA regulated flight assessment prior to operations.
- Provide CAA regulated site assessment prior to operations.
- Retain 50M separation between the aircraft and people and buildings out of their direct control at all times.
- Maintain Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS) with the UAV at all times.
- Flights MAY NOT EXCEED 400ft (120M) elevation or 500m distance (in any direction) from the operation site.
- Professional pilots are trained in air use to ensure a thorough understanding of the laws and regulations that govern air traffic and have a good understanding of other aerial activities & traffic on any given day.
- Professional pilots are trained in the operation of their aircraft and plan for all and any eventually, assessing and mitigating risks before and as they happen.
Using a non-professional operator may be cheaper or more convenient, but the risk is simply not worth it. UAV’s (drones) are known to fly-away, they can cause damage and severe injury if there is an incident with civilians , motor vehicles or other aircraft and the risk to lives, finances and reputation simply isn’t worth the perceived convenience.
There has already been 62 recorded incidents (as at 31 Oct 2017) of drones flying too close to planes in the UK alone. Published in Which? Magazine, September 2017 issue.
Be safe, protect your company and your brand by using a professional UAS (drone) service provider for your aerial video or photography, there are a growing number who cover a variety of different services. ZOOMFILMS is a corporate production company, based in Kent, we provide professional, insured aerial video and photography services for all budgets. If you need aerial filming, please feel free to contact us here, if your need is outside of our scope, we will gladly recommend a suitable supplier for your particular requirements.
If you want to become a professional UAV (drone) pilot, we recommend UAVAIR, please contact them for more details on the courses they provide.